Migrating EtherYatri.NET Project to SF.NET from GDN Workspaces
Before I describe the broad plan of how I plan to move EtherYatri.NET Project from GotDotNet Workspaces to SourceForge.net, here are the main reasons why this is desired:
- GDN has been found to be down many times by most members
- GDN doesn't provide web-hosting for projects like SF.NET does
- SF.NET has CVS which is much more powerful than GDN's source-control system
[Code related tasks]
- Commit release 0.5.4 into repository and tag it with release_0_5_4
- Commit release 0.5.6 into repository and tag it with release_0_5_6
- Commit release 0.5.7 into repository and tag it with release_0_5_7
[Community related tasks]
- Set up mailing lists
[Website related tasks]
- Upload EtherYatri.NET related webpages at SF.NET
And most importantly inform the existing members of EtherYatri.NET GDN Workspace to join the project at SF.NET.
Click here to visit EtherYatri.NET at GotDotNet.
Click here to visit EtherYatri.NET at SourceForge.net.
Please do let me know if you have any suggestions.